Several years ago we inherited an annual Calendar project from what was Talking Tapes for the Blind. These calendars are such that they need to be “rolled and rubber-banded” as 90% of them are sent all around the country through the mail. We usually print, roll and mail just under 800 each year.
As they will be delivered in early September we are looking for volunteers to assist with and, or all, of the following steps:
- Rolling and rubber-banding the calendars (they are approximately 3 inches by 36 inches)
- Processing and preparing labels for orders that come
- Packaging orders, which may range from individual calendars to boxes of 12 or more
- Weighing orders on our mail-scale and attaching the printed postage
- Delivery to the nearby post office for mailing
There is no set hours or days for help for this project, a person can do whatever they wish whenever they wish, but it needs to be done at the Society offices.
If you, or anyone you know, would like to help with this project please contact Christy McCutcheon at 314-968-9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.